Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all
Name is Jeff and I'm near Akron, Ohio. My call is K8INA, formerly WN8QYT, formerly WB8QYT. When I saw that the call K8INA was available, I applied and received it. Why?, you ask. My XYL is KA8INA so it only seemed natural that we get matching calls. I have been licensed since about 1974. Active off and on over the years, current running an ICOM 7300. Modes are mainly PSK31, RTTY, SSB, and once inna great while, CW. 
I'm a retired Sheriff's Patrol Officer, having been a Motor Officer for several years. Started on KZ1000P's ( yep, just like CHIPS) and ended on Harley's. Been retired since 2002 after 25 years. Prior to that I was senior technician on the Goodyear Blimp America in the states, and then on the EUROPA based in Rome, Italy. 
So, there you have it. Be sure to call, if you hear me on the air. I hang out around 14.070 PSK.
(09-01-2016, 01:31 PM)K8INA Wrote: Name is Jeff and I'm near Akron, Ohio. My call is K8INA, formerly WN8QYT, formerly WB8QYT. When I saw that the call K8INA was available, I applied and received it. Why?, you ask. My XYL is KA8INA so it only seemed natural that we get matching calls. I have been licensed since about 1974. Active off and on over the years, current running an ICOM 7300. Modes are mainly PSK31, RTTY, SSB, and once inna great while, CW. 
I'm a retired Sheriff's Patrol Officer, having been a Motor Officer for several years. Started on KZ1000P's ( yep, just like CHIPS) and ended on Harley's. Been retired since 2002 after 25 years. Prior to that I was senior technician on the Goodyear Blimp America in the states, and then on the EUROPA based in Rome, Italy. 
So, there you have it. Be sure to call, if you hear me on the air. I hang out around 14.070 PSK.

Good ta meet you, Jeff! We hope to hear you around the air and around the forums.
That's pretty cool about being a Sheriff's Patrol Officer for 25yrs- thanks for going the extra mile (couldn't resist) to help keep us all a little safer out there.
HI Jeff,

I am new hear too, It's good not to be alone. HI!!

73's